The Richmond Group USA (TRG) is actively seeking a Controller (manufacturing) to join the management team of an industry leading machinery manufacturer. This well established global company has recently completed a plant expansion in order to meet the growing demand for their equipment. This position reports directly to the CFO and it will play a major role in the succession plan for this company. This leadership role will perform complex duties requiring advanced professional experience, leadership skills, knowledge, and competency in areas that go beyond the traditional accounting functions. This is an excellent opportunity for a senior level accounting professional, who is looking for this kind of impactful role where they can develop key market drivers and model forward industry trends to provide insights for making future strategic business decisions.
This highly visible role will be responsible for all the accounting operations, and will serve as a key member of the management team. This person will lead a 6 person accounting team; including AP, AR, payroll and their two (2) person financial analysis team. This person will need to have a strong well-rounded financial skill set in order to provide ongoing counsel and advice for the CFO and the rest of the Executive Management team regarding strategic and operational financial issues. The ideal candidate will be a degreed Accounting professional (BS Accounting, BS Business, BS Finance, etc), a CPA (or CMA), and 5+ years of financial management experience in a manufacturing environment. This role will spearhead all of the company's forecasting and financial planning efforts (including audits, taxes, accounting, payroll, real estate and insurance activities) to insure compliance with all corporate, company, government and regulatory directives and outlines. In addition to managing the team this role will formulate, recommend and administer financial policies and procedures for the company.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree (BS Accounting, Business, Finance, or related) with 5+ year's financial management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- CPA or CMA required
- Proven high level analytical ability with significant skills in financial modeling
- Proven leadership skills
- Provide strategic support to senior management including but not limited to preparing presentations, capital expenditure analysis, industry/peer group comparisons, new business opportunities, and acquisition analysis.
- Strong communications skills, and the ability to train cross functional executive and business team members (including international team members)
- Working knowledge with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements preferred
If you are interested in this or future opportunities in your area, please send a Word-Formatted resume to email@example.com and we will contact you when opportunities arise that match your geography and experience. Also, keep in mind that we receive hundreds of responses to our postings, so including a Cover Letter explaining why you are a fit for this opportunity will help you stand out from the crowd. All inquiries are kept confidential and your information will not be shared without your prior approval.